Debra Dalgleish

If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns.

Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site:
http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/E...ps/Columns.htm

and Jon Peltier has links to other sites with information:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...sterStack.html

KG wrote:
I have the following data set:

2001 2002
Sales Product A 45 55
Sales Product B 102 123
Sales Product C 66 78
Total Gross Margin 60 77

I want the sales to be in stacked columns and the gross margin a separate
column next to them, as it represents total gross margin for all three
products; 2001 and 2002 are the X category labels.
I can easily show the gross margin series as a line or area but when I
attempt to show it as a column, the entire chart is converted to clustered
columns. Is there a work-around?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List