Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default Q about Excel 2007

Hi Roger, Jim,

Actually the limit in Excel 2007 is 64 levels, but of course even that is far too many to be able to understand a formula.
The limit applies to all functions and mixtures of functions, not just IF's. With just IF's, even 7 levels exceed my capability
for understanding!
I assume it is only used because users are not familiar with the alternatives.
If so, they might benefit from looking he

http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip080.htm

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten