Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AkelA AkelA is offline

Default Line breaks in my cells...

Do you mean "^j"? I have a non-English version and Ctrl+J does not do
anything... For "^J" Excel returned no results.

Anyway, I managed to solve my problem with a little trick, but still I would
like to know. For future problems like this..... Btw, where can I find
reference for these special characters?

"David Biddulph" wrote:

If it is Alt-Enter [CHAR(10)] that you are trying to replace, type Control-J
into the Replace: "Find what" box.
--
David Biddulph

"AkelA" wrote in message
Hello!

I received an excel worksheet that contains "line break" characters in
some
of the cells and they cause me a lot of trouble. How do I eliminate them?
tried "Find and Replace..." but I cannot search for these tricky little
*******s. The table contains over 6000 records, so I may not want to go
cell-by-cell manually. Can you please help?

Thx, brgd!