Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Move/Copy Worksheet -- does not work

Have you tried just dragging the sheet from its file window to another
file window (for move), or CTRL-drag for copy?

Pete

On Oct 2, 4:42 pm, dbsavoy wrote:
Thanks for the feedback. I've checked the Protection status and it doesn't
seem to be protected... I've selected: Tools, Protection and Protect Sheet.
The "Protect worksheet and contents of locked cells" box is checked by
default though...

So, to make sure, I selected, copied and pasted all cells from this
worksheet into a new workbook and from there still cannot Move or Copy the
worksheet tab.

The filename on the title bar remains unchanged. However, the hourglass
pointer is shown for a half-second. Its almost as if Excel cannot complete
the Script or Process or whatever to move a worksheet.

I'm lost...

"Gord Dibben" wrote:
Are you sure nothing happens?

Note the filename on the title bar.

Has it changed to the source workbook as it should?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 1 Oct 2007 12:43:01 -0700, dbsavoy
wrote:

When I right-click a tab in a worksheet and select to copy it into another
workbook. Nothing happens.

What could possibly cause Excel to fail to move/copy a worksheet? - Hide quoted text -