Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
phil phil is offline

Default Can I fix a text box to a chart data point?

Andy,
Thanks for your response, but I don't see any way to add a text label.
The options are for values only. What I need is a way to add a text box that
says somthing like "Bought new scale" and have that text box stay with a date
on the horizontal scale that changes as I add new weights daily.

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

If you have used an embedded shape to hold the text you will need to use VBA
to adjust the position when more data is added.
To have text move automatically you would need to use data label(s).

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Phil" wrote in message
I have a daily weight chart. I need to add events text boxes on the chart.
wish to fix the boxes to data points and have them track the points so
when
new data is added, the text box follows the data point.