Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Whitehead[_2_] Roger Whitehead[_2_] is offline

Default Subtotals Deleting Rows after removing Subtotal - 2003 Excel

'Excel seems to delete many rows' - is it possible that there are multiple
subtotals in the data, not just the summary Grand totals at the bottom?

And/Or

Are some Sub total rows filtered out/hidden when you first open the WB?

Roger

"Raul" wrote in message
On a weekly basis I receive a zipped Excel file that contains
approximately
5000 rows of data. This file has subtotals, but when I remove the
subtotals
by going into Data - Subtotals - and hitting the "Remove All Subtotals"
button, Excel seems to delete many rows. I have verified that there is no
Macro in place and after looking at this, there seems to be no logic. I
initially thought it was deleting duplicate rows, but that's not the case.
Please help.