Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rene Rene is offline

Default Compound Interest over the years

Bernard, I'm very thankful for your time, but I didn't express myself
clearly. There will be no additional payments to the original sum. It's
like the appreciation in a real estate deal, in a way. I've paid 100 and I'd
like to know how much this sum will be worth in 2, 5, or 10 years time if the
appreciation is constant at, say, 6% a year, compounded.
--
Rene - Do appreciate your help

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

You can use the Future Value FV function
Things to note:
Your interest rate must match your "periods" (years, months, etc)
Use negative values for money leaving you, positive for money coming in.
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rene" wrote in message
What is the function I use for showing me how much a fixed 6% annually
will
yield over the years. For instance, on $100,000 the first year would
yield
$106,000, the second year, how much, the fifth year, tenth, etc.
--
Rene - Do appreciate your help. I have had simply the best help with
these