Dana DeLouis

Now I know i could select ctrl down arrow to select the last cell and then
arrow down again to select the next cell.
If I record this it suggests I am selecting specific cells.

Just to add if it's not already mentioned. In the latest versions of Excel,
if you switch to relative reference while recording, Excel will record the
End(xlDown) statement for you. This was not the case with earlier versions
of Excel, so this was a nice "fix."
Just for a demo, start the macro recorder, and select cell A1. Now, look
next to the Stop Marco button, and select the "Relative Reference" button.
Now, do you ctrl down, and then arrow down, and stop the macro. Your macro
should look like this:

Range("A1").Select
Selection.End(xlDown).Select

It's up to you to clean it up a little to something like:
Range("A1").End(xlDown).Offset(1, 0).Select

HTH
--
Dana DeLouis
Win XP & Office 2003

"Greegan" wrote in message
Now I know i could select ctrl down arrow to select the last cell and then
arrow down again to select the next cell.
If I record this it suggests I am selecting specific cells.
My issue with that is that column A will have a different number of rows
occupied by text and whatnot.
Is there a command or something that would select the first blank cell in
column A?

Thank you in advance. You guys are always willing to give an answer.