Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. is offline

Default create automatic form when opening template

Thanks Dave. This looks like it should work. I'll try it out.
~ Horatio

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You can build your own userform:

Check Debra Dalgleish's site:
http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html

and these articles by Peter Aiken:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ffice.10).aspx
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ffice.10).aspx

Then you could create a macro in a General module that shows your form each time
the workbook is opened:

Option Explict
Sub Auto_Open()
UserForm1.show
End Sub

Horatio J. Bilge, Jr. wrote:

I have created a workbook to score high school swim meets. In the header, I
have placed team names, date, etc.

I would like to write some code so that when I open the template, a form
pops up, and by completing the form, the header information will be filled in
automatically.
For example: Home team? Visiting eam? Date? Pool location?

Can someone help me with this, or suggest another way to accomplish the same
thing?

Thanks,
~ Horatio

--