Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Pivot Table Help

Excel 2003 on XP
I have a data set of over 45,000 rows and 150+ columns that contain the
certifications of engineers. I have several pivot tables that summaries this
data in various ways but I am having a problem in getting a certain result.
I wish to have a pivot table that "counts" the number of individual
engineers per certificate, but the system will only return the number of
certificates for this type, not the actual individuals that have this type of
certificate.
For example, suppose there are 150 type "A" certificates, and that only 10
engineers hold this type of certificate. I want the pivot to show the number
of individual engineers (10) against this certificate.
I believe DCOUNTA would work but the permutations are horrendous, how do I
get DCOUNTA into a pivot table?
Many thanks for your help.
DeanH