Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
papou[_2_] papou[_2_] is offline

Default MATCH OFFSET LIST VALIDATION

Hello Kenny
With defined names ColA for values in column A and ColB for values in column
B,
and validation list in cell D2,
formula in D3:
=INDEX(ColB,MATCH(D2,ColA,0))

HTH
Cordially
Pascal

"Kenny" a écrit dans le message de news:
Okay I have looked over contextures for how to do this. I know the answer
is
there, but I cant figure it out, will someone please show me how to do
this
without VB code. Please!

I want to use match and the offset command, I want to name a range of data
and pop it into a list validation cell.

Sheet1 will have a list validation box referencing a range name

Sheet2 has two columns of data
ColumnA ColumnB
TV 1.0
Camera 2.0

I want the list validation box to show column a, and then when I choose tv
it pops column's b value in the cell. Please help me!