Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
IndianSummer IndianSummer is offline

Default Format cells in web query (leading zeroes)

Hi Kathy,
Do you have a fixed number of digits in your phone field? If so you could
create a custom format. eg. if you setup a custom format of "000000"
(without the talking marks) your numbers will all display as a six digit
number. So even better for you would be something like this: "00 0000 0000"
which would make our (aussie) phone numbers appear as "03 9350 3456".

Hope this helps,
Helen

"Kathy" wrote:

I am trying to import an aspx page that uses a gridview control to display
data. User needs it in Excel. I do a web query and it works out, but Excel
cuts off the leading zeroes in the phone field, which is a text field in the
underlying table. I played with all the options, preserve formatting (or
not), no formatting, etc. Excel keeps changes to general and therefore
deletes the leading zeroes.