Bates Senior Thesis Researcher

Thanks for the info! I shall pass it on to my advisor. I find it
interesting that a program designed by scientists and math people doesn't
produce scientific notation that way, but I suppose it's a moot point.

Lewiston is covered in several feet of snow. I predict it will remain on
the ground until graduation in May...

"Jon Peltier" wrote:

Unfortunately, Excel was not designed to produce publication quality
graphics. Fortunately, I've figured out how to improve things, if only a
little bit. The scientific notation puzzle is worked out he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...cNotation.html

So how's the weather up in Lewiston?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Bates Senior Thesis Researcher wrote:

Hi I'm using Excel 2003 and I am trying to make a column graph where the
y-axis represents bacterial growth in log form. Therefore, the numbers are
quite large. I need the axis to say "10^3" and not "1.E03". I am confused
as to why the only scientific notation that I can find is written as "1.E03"
because no scientific journal that I have come across uses this notation on a
graph. I have tried using the "custom" tool and adding "^3" to the end but
the number ends up being quite large and not anywhere what I need it to be.
Thank you.