Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joeu2004 joeu2004 is offline

Default goal seek function

On Oct 1, 2:26 pm, wrote:
Is there any way to macro the goal seek function?

I am trying to calculate an investment rate of return in a given
year. The goal seek function requires that the goal be typed into the
middle box in order to calculate. Is there any way around this?

Try using Tools = Macro = Record New Macro to see how its done.

But are you sure that you need Goal Seek to solve your problem?

I do a lot of IRR calculations, and I have never used Goal Seek. In
fact, I cannot even get the example on the GS help page to work. (And
that is an example of a problem that does not require GS.)

Perhaps if you describe the data that you have, we can offer
alternative approaches that are more direct.