Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Harald Staff[_2_] Harald Staff[_2_] is offline

Default add 2 months and a variable number of days to a date

Hi

If I understand your description, with date in A1:
=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+3,1)

If one is hired the 1st then I'm not sure what you want. Post back if wrong
result.

HTH. Best wishes Harald

"Tim Nealon" wrote in message
I am trying to calculate a health benefits schedule. I would like to know
the month an employee becomes eligible for health benefits. An employee
is
eligible on the first day of the month following 2 months of employment.
For example, if an employee is hired anytime during the month of
September,
he would be eligible for benefits on December 1. If he is hired in
October,
he would not be eligible until January 1 of the next year.
My hire date is in MM/DD/YY format. Does anyone know how to calculate the
"eligible for benefits" date?
Thanks