Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Rob Rob is offline

Default String criteria in DCOUNT function

I have a problem using string criteria in DCOUNT. DCOUNT counts all values
that start with the string, not match it. For example a
DCOUNT(DATABASE;CRITERIA) on the data below would return 3 (and i was looking
for the answer "1"). I could rename loc1 to loc01, but is kind of diffcult
in my case. What i would like to know is:
-Is there a button or switch somewhere that makes database functions match
exactly?
-Did this function also work in this way in old version of excel (pre-2000)?

DATABASE:
Location name
loc1 a
loc1 b