Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default Password Strength - Excel

Thanks Ron, does it mean that VB7 produces compiled code? I haven't met VB7
before.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Ron Coderre€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

VB executable programs use compiled code. VBA runs interpreted code,..the
programming can be viewed.

I hope that helps.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Stefi" wrote in message
Is protection in VB7 stronger?

Regards,
Stefi

"Phil - Ohio" ezt Ć*rta:

Not the answer I was expecting, but perfectly understandable. In the
future
I think I will take the extra time and code everything for VB7. Many
Thanks

"Phil - Ohio" wrote:

I have tried to protect a spreadsheet with a 252 character password
made up
of Numbers, UCase, LCase and various Symbols. I know it works because
if I
change just one character somewhere in that string, the sheet fails to
unprotect. I then sent it to a friend to see if he could break it. He
said
it took less than 2 minutes with a commericial product and it came up
with a
working unprotect password only 12 characters long (all UCase Letters
and a
sequence not found in the 252 one).

How is it possible for a 12 character password to unlock a 252 one ????