Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
srain001 srain001 is offline

Default Year to date totals

For some reason, my example columns are all jumbled up. Sorry if it confuses
someone.
"srain001" wrote:

Hello,

I need to calculate figures from one spreadsheet and incoporate them into
another in order to calculate year-to-date totals.

For example,

I have a Monthly Total column in my spreadsheet (let's say for January).
When February rolls along, I need to take that total and add it to the
February total in order to get a year-to-date total. How do I do that?
Unfortunately, the spreadsheets are quite large, so fitting all of the months
into one sheet is not possible (otherwise, I would simply use a SUM formula).

Spreadsheet 1 Spreadsheet 2 Year to
date (what I need)
1 5
6
2 4
6
3 3
6
4 2
6
5 1
6

I need to add Spreadsheet 1 with Spreadsheet 2 with the total appearing in
Spreadsheet 2.