Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cerobeth cerobeth is offline

Default using more than 1 formula in the same cell in excel

I don't understand this formula to be able to use it. maybe my example of
clothing wasn't very good so i'll explain properly

the spreadsheet is for a price list for wedding stationery
Column A is the design
Column B is the items of stationery
each design has a different price for each item

I know its confusing and i'm probably in way over my head but i need to
succeed.

"Sandy Mann" wrote:

OOPs! I should have check how it looked before I posted:

With the table of items/materials/Costs in B2:D9 as in:

A B C
1 Type Material Cost
2 Jumper Wool
3 Jumper Silk
4 Jumper Cotton
5 Shirt Silk
6 Shirt Wool
7 Shirt Velvet
8 Shirt Cotton
9 Shirt

Then use:
=INDEX(C2:C8,SUMPRODUCT((A2:A8=F1)*((B2:B8=G1)*(RO W(A2:A8)-1))))

where F1 is the Colthing Item and G1 is the Material

Hopefully this will be more understandable

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings