Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Hi_no_Tori Hi_no_Tori is offline

Default 20 level nested If

Hi ...

I have a problem, and I would be very thankful if someone can help...

In my Excel worksheet I have Two columns: 'Column A' and 'Column B'. 'Column
A' is for Action Codes (e.g. 1001, 1002, 1003,... 1020), while 'Column B' is
for Actions (e.g. "adjust against payable", "Issue Credit Note", "Reconcile
customer's account, and apply credits",... "action 20"). I have 20 'Actions'
to which I need to assign 20 'Action Codes'. What I need to do is this:
whenever I enter the 'Action Code' in any cell in 'column A', the
corresponding 'Action' that I have assigned to that 'Action Code' will
automatically appear in the adjacent cell in 'Column B'.

For simplification, let's assume that these are the 'action codes' and the
corresponding 'actions':

Action Code Action
1001 'action 1'
1002 'action 2'