Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jon Peltier Jon Peltier is offline

Default showing negative values as positive in a bar graph

Remember, you're asking the chart and the calculation to treat these numbers
differently. I usually create a separate chart data range using a formula,
so I can format it or lay it out differently.

In your case it's easy. In the range of chart data, you need just ABS with
links to the original data, and do the calculations on the original data.
You don't need to display the calculated chart data if you don't want.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
_______

wrote in message
ups.com...
Thanks for your help, I decided to go with the ABS function. When I
did the SUM for the total I just used a negative sign in the sum...
=sum(-L71,L72,-L73)

It seems like a bit of an unusual way... in my opinion. I can't
imagine my instructor did this the same way I did.

Thanks again
Sean