Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Grams Grams is offline

Default walking menu

I went to the site you referenced and, Oh MY!...I found a better way to do
it. I used the validation method to limit the list to only what matched the
criteria I wanted. Saves a ton of time.
THIS IS A GREAT SITE....I bookmarked it for future reference. The
instructions are so easy to follow and the download samples are awesome!
THANK YOU SO MUCH

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

If the dropdown was created from DataValidationList

DV list dropdown has no autocomplete feature.

You will have to use a ComboBox to achieve this using VBA

See Debra's Contextures site for how-to.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 12:38:01 -0700, Grams
wrote:

Is there a way in Excel when you are using data entry from a drop down list
to start typing and have the menu show the list options, instead of having to
scroll through EVERYTHING? For example, if I had a list with names on it, can
I start typing "gram" and have the menu show the first entry with "g", and
then go to the next entry with "gr", etc. etc
thanks