Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
RagDyeR RagDyeR is offline

Default Using formulas in conditions (SUMIF, AVERAGEIF)

I might have guessed that if he had at least used 2007 somewhere in there,
instead of making myself appear dense.<bg

RD

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
They are dates from another regional setting so one should be able to use
the DATE function as the criteria

Peo Sjoblom

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
Can you elaborate on the figures that you're using as your criteria?

If not typos, 1.1.2000 and 1.2.200 are what ... exactly?

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-
"Jan Kucera" wrote in message
Okay,
is there a similar math trick for average of values in range?
Like AVERAGEIF(B1:B10, =1.1.2000 AND < 1.2.2000, A1:A10)

Thanks, Jan

"T. Valko" wrote in message
For the sum if, try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A10=10),--(A1:A10<=20),A1:A10)

For the average if is odd, try this array formula** :

=AVERAGE(IF(MOD(A1:A10,2),A1:A10))

The ISODD/ISEVEN functions won't work on arrays. Also, I'm assuming

the
values in question are integers and there are no text entries in the
range.

CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER)

If you're using Excel 2007 there is an AVERAGEIF function but I don't

use
Excel 2007 so I don't know the correct syntax. The above array

formula
will work in any version.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jan Kucera" wrote in message
I want to use formula in condition syntax, but I don't know how to
reference the value being tested.

Like:
SUMIF(A1:A10;"10 AND <20")

Or: