Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Color of text relating to a formula

Copy all the code from the "Code Samples" box at bottom of page.

Alt + F11 to open the VB Editor.

CTRL + r to open the Project Explorer.

Select your workbook/project and right-clickInsertModule.

Paste the code into that module.

Use one of the SUMPRODUCT formulas in a cell to sum the green colored text
cells.

Change the colorindex to 10 for green text.

i.e. =SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(A1:A100,TRUE)=10),A1:A100)

If you were summing on the background color use

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(A1:A100)=10),A1:A100)

Gord

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 09:31:03 -0700, pcsski
wrote:

Thanks. I went to that URL. I'm assuming I have to put that sample code into
excel. Where do I put it and do I have to make any changes to it? Just to
explain my situation, I have a column of numbers and at the bottom of the
column I want the formula to only add the green colored numbers.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

You missed part of the URL

Try this instead.

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 30 Sep 2007 06:52:01 -0700, The Rain
wrote:

http://xldynamic.com/source/counting
--
Can''t hear the Rain ?
Then listen to it.

"pcsski" wrote:

Can I make a formula to add or not to add based on the color of the text in a
cell?