Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
nastech nastech is offline

Default showing negative values as positive in a bar graph

check out the ABS function, or its "see also" choices in help

" wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to create a bar graph of a data set. I have values that are
inherently negative (issued checks and withdrawls). It's important
that these numbers are negative because they contribute to a total at
the end. I need to create a bar graph of this data (including the
total) but the checks and withdrawls end up being negative on the bar
graph but I want them to show as positive values in the graph. I can
change the data to absolute values instead, but that makes my total
inaccurate.

Is there a way to show all values as positive in a bar graph?

Sean