Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
GMAN501 GMAN501 is offline

Default Table_array and drop down boxes

I am working on a vlookuo formula and having trouble. I am trying to link the
table_array portion of the vlookup to the selection made in a drop down box.
Think of it this way...I have 50 tables set up, one for each state, if a
person selects the state of Ohio from the list the table array will now have
the name of Ohio seach only in that table.

=vlookup(sales tax,result from drop down box, 2)
if I type in =vlookup(sales tax, Ohio,2) I get the results I need.