Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
TomCat TomCat is offline

Default Strange thing happens...

I created a spreadsheet that tracks manhours 7 days a week with the week
starting on Saturday. Our main workdays are Sat thru Thurs and we have a
skeleton crew on Fridays. This is a very large project so I track the average
manhours of the first 6 days ONLY. I don't use Fridays. So, there are 7
cells, the first 6 of which I calc the average in the 8th cell like this:
=AVERAGE(Cell1:Cell6)

Now here's the strange thing: whenever I enter a value in the 7th cell, my
formula changes automatically and calcs the average of ALL SEVEN! I don't
want the average of all seven, I only want the average of the first 6 cells!
I have to change the formula back every time I enter a value in the 7th cell.

What's happening here? This is a very large project and I'm spending a lot
of wasted time changing all my formulas back to average the first 6 cells
only!

Thanks.........TomCat