Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default sum column and calculate numbers 0 in the same column with 1,5

Hi, Martin

And the difference would be?

Don't get me wrong I'm all for streamlining formulae, but when
you are just talking about two ways around a square. Why bother?

I'm all for shorter, more efficient formulas...but not so fanatical that I'd
propose a solution that is so arcane that hardly anybody could figure it
out, and nobody would remember how to do it.

In this case, though, the SUMIF checks every cell in the range to see if it
matches. Since there's no compelling need to do that twice....I offered an
alternative with a bit less overhead.

On small ranges, the difference is negligible.
On large ranges...it may be significant.
(For my own curiosity, I'll compare the times when I get a chance)

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"MartinW" wrote in message
And the difference would be?

Don't get me wrong I'm all for streamlining formulae, but when
you are just talking about two ways around a square. Why bother?

Regards
Martin

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
If Martin interpreted your post correctly,
try this:

=SUM(SUMIF(B2:B33,"0")*0.5,B2:B33)

Does that help?
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Ron Coderre" wrote in message
Try this:

=SUMIF(B2:B33,"0")*1,5

Does that help?

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Gutti" wrote in message
I have numbers 0 and <0 in a column B2 to B33. I have to multiply the
numbers 0 with 1,5 and add the column. Please help.
Gutti