Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default How do I shade in part of a graph?

Hi,

You can use additional series to provide the shading, which combination
of chart styles you use depends on the type of line and shade.

With a flat line you could use columns as in this example. In your case
the lower parts of the columns would have no fill pattern.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...ackground.html

For more complex lines you can use area charts
http://www.andypope.info/ngs/ng21.htm

And for really complex shape you may need to resort to a VBA solution.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/VBAdraw.html

Cheers
Andy

reid wrote:
I am trying to graph an inequality, and to do so I need to shade just a
specific part of the graph above the line.