Ron de Bruin

Hi Dave

Sorry for the vicious accusation last week. <bg.

No Problem.

Now I can blame Google <g

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message ...
Ahhhh.

Sorry for the vicious accusation last week. <bg.

Ron de Bruin wrote:

Hi Harlan

Last week I copy paste a link from Google in a thread and
in the link there was a hyphen after I paste it that don't belong there.

You can send a bug report to them if you want
http://groups-beta.google.com/support/bin/request.py

Last time I did that I get a very fast response from them

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Harlan Grove" wrote in message ...
INTENTIONALLY CROSSPOSTED!

Just found out that VBA code in the beta Google Groups archive can be fubar.
The article http://makeashorterlink.com/?R1EA128AA, which is a link to

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...49f6c074a3adfd

includes the statement

Set xlapp = CreateObject("Excel.Applicatio*n")

which includes an embedded HTML hyphen (decimal char code 173) between the o
and n. Copy this line and paste into an Excel cell to see it.

The article in original format (http://makeashorterlink.com/?E1FA328AA,
which is a link to

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...d?dmode=source

doesn't include this unwanted character.

So, if you're going to paste code (or maybe formulas as well) from the beta
Google Groups archive, you'd better do so from original format articles
rather than from HTML formatted versions.

--

Dave Peterson