Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MartinW MartinW is offline

Default Help with auto populating cells.

Hi Brad,

Check out this site.
Look under D for Data Validation - Dependant Dropdown
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

HTH
Martin

"Brad" wrote in message
I have some cells you can select using a dropdown list using conditional
formatting, and I want to be able to populae the next cell depending on
what
was selected but I don't know how to do it.

For example, if 1 is selected on cell A1 on the dropdown list, I want cell
B1 to automatically fill in ONE based on another list in the same workbook
on
a different sheet...But I don't know how to do this - can anyone help me
out
here? Thanks.