Greegan

Thank you for this answer. However if I use this it will select the last
row, not the next one that's empty.
If you can add to this so it selects the first blank then that will be the
answer I'm looking for.
For example, if Column A rows 1 though 13 are filled in, you macro selects
A13. I need it to select the next one down - in this case its A14. But the
rows filled in are always random so it needs to be the first blank field in
column A.

Thank you again.
"Myrna Larson" wrote in message
Range("A1").End(xlDown).Select

But review the message in the programming newsgroup for caveats about not
selecting and activating things when you don't have to.

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 23:41:33 -0600, "Greegan" wrote:

Now I know i could select ctrl down arrow to select the last cell and

then
arrow down again to select the next cell.
If I record this it suggests I am selecting specific cells.
My issue with that is that column A will have a different number of rows
occupied by text and whatnot.
Is there a command or something that would select the first blank cell in
column A?

Thank you in advance. You guys are always willing to give an answer.