Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default I lose my number formatting in the mail merge?

I'm not Nick and I don't use Office 2007 enough to help. So this may be a waste
of your time...

Debra Dalgleish posted this:

There's an article on the Microsoft web site that might help you:

Answer Box: Numbers don't merge right in Word
http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/as...164951033.aspx

And if you prefer the old Mail Merge helper, Word MVP Suzanne Barnhill
has instructions he

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm

about half way down the page.

==========
I often cheat instead of racking my brain.

I'll insert another column (probably hidden!) and use:
=text(a2,"00000")
(or whatever format I want)
and use that field in the mailmerge.

(Cheating doesn't bother me anymore <vbg.)

disbell wrote:

Nick,

I am using Word 2007 and Excel 2007. When I try to use ODBC as the
transport method for the Mail Merge in Word, it still does not bring the
currency formatting over from Excel to Word. I have clicked the Confirm Data
Source Box located under Word Options, select the ODBC connection option,
selected the worksheet that contains the data, and even restarted my
computer. Is there something else that needs to be done in order to make the
currency formating transport from Excel 2007 to the Word 2007 Mail Merge?
--
disbell

"Nick Hodge" wrote:

Bruce

You will it doesn't travel by any of the transport methods for mailmerge
(DDE or ODBC)

You will need to transfer the data to text. I use a helper column and the
TEXT function and then kill the formula with paste special+Values

=TEXT(B1,"£#,##0.00")

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Perkgolf" wrote in message
I'm losing my number formatting when I merge my Excel sheet into my Word
doc? Any ideas?

Thanks
Bruce

--