Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Wayne Wayne is offline

Default How do I automatically enter a time and date?

Thank you so much for responding...however, bear in mind that I am
"technologically challenged"! Can you send more detailed instructions on
where to find "worksheet code"? I can copy the macro, but do I start with
"Private" and end with "end sub"?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Double-click is better. Say we use column C for this purpose. In worksheet
code, enter the following macro:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As
Boolean)
Set r = Range("C:C")
If Intersect(Target, r) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub
Target.Value = Now
Cancel = True
End Sub

REMEMBER: worksheet code, not a standard module
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200747

"Wayne" wrote:

I am trying to track calls that my sales staff makes on leads that I supply
them. Can anyone tell me how to set a column that automatically inserts a
date and time by just clicking on it? For example:
Name Of Borrower Lead Source Date and Time Called Result Notes