Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Umlas Bob Umlas is offline

Default How do I select cells within a column that contain a specific word

Select the column, use edit/Find, Find what: sum; click options button,
click Find All, then Ctrl/A, then click close. They're all selected.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"Tobias" wrote in message
I.e. I would like to select all the cells in a column that has the word
"sum".

The cells in the column can have numbers and text. Sometimes is the text
several words where the word sum can be included. The column is very long,
so
I would like a way to do this automatically.

Thanks for reading my question.