Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre Ron Coderre is offline

Default Why can't I sort new Excel entries after I exceed 1115 lines?

When I select the range to be sorted...then sort...the entire range sorts.

So, just guessing here....
Are you letting Excel figure out the range to be sorted?
and does that range have a blank row in it?
AND does the sorting stop at that blank row?

Does that help?

Regards,

Ron (XL2003, Win XP)
Microsoft MVP (Excel)

"Merv" wrote in message
I am trying to sort alphabetically a list of first and last names. It sorts
perfectly until I exceed 1115 lines. Additional entries are not sorted but
are left in the order entered. Is there a limit on the number of rows or
do I
have another problem?Thanks-Merv