Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Opening Excel File from the Internet

I looks like the string lenght is exceeding the allowable length is excel..
The string posted is 126 character which exceed the msgbox limits of 128. Is
it possible to modify the macro and copy the temporary file to a path with a
shorter name such as

"C:\Documents and Settings\RWhite\My RecentDocuments"

"Rob White" wrote:

I have a web server that allows a user to download excel files, these
files have a autorun macros that format the sheet on load.

The problem comes when the excel macro is creating a pivot table the
message

"Run-time error '1004':
Cannot open PivotTable source file
c:\Users\RobW\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temp orary Internet Files
\Low\Content.IE5\Q4PYYXA\[Final%20League%20Position%20Bo"

and then the message box runs out of space.

If I save the file to the local disk before openeing it, I don't get
this message and the macro's run fine.

Why might this be happening and what can I do to fix it?

Thanks for any help.
Rob