Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Date Formula Help!!

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007 03:32:17 -0700, wrote:

I have a daily report that I am in the process of automating. The
report needs to date sales from the day before, excluding the weekend.

E.g. today is Friday 28th, the report is run for Thurs 27th. I can do
this using the =TODAY()-1 function but this comes unstuck on Mondays,
as the report then lists Sundays date and I need it to list Fridays
instead.

Does anyone know of a way to do this??

Cheers!

You can use the WORKDAY function:

=WORKDAY(TODAY(),-1)

If the WORKDAY function is not available, and returns the #NAME? error, install
and load the Analysis ToolPak add-in.

On the Tools menu, click Add-Ins.
In the Add-Ins available list, select the Analysis ToolPak box, and then click
OK.
If necessary, follow the instructions in the setup program.
--ron