Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default COUNTIF a value within a range equals any value in an array/list

Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(MATCH(Sheet2!C1:C100,ID,0))))

Where ID = list/array named "ID" that contains only the user ID's from my
site

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"sweens319" wrote in message
I'm not sure if COUNTIF is the correct function, but I've tried many
different functions and combinations of functions but can't seem to get
the
result I want.

I have a column that contains multiple user id's from 2 different sites
(with duplicates). **Also, the column is on a separate sheet** I have a
list/array named "ID" that contains only the user ID's from my site.**on
the
current sheet** I want to count the number of files my site completed by
searching the values in column C of sheet 2, comparing them to the values
in
"ID" and add them.
So, if the value of USER ID is in "ID", add to the counter.

Can anyone help?