Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Steve G Steve G is offline

Default To: Gordon Dibben, Pete_UK and Max Modifying only the worksheet when draging down a cell reference

I am trying to follow your advice. I have unsuccessfully tried to
consolidate worksheets using Data Consolidate. I use Excel 2003.

As an example--Let us say my data is in 3 columns (B,C,D) and 10 rows
(2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11) in each of
6 worksheets in the same workbook. All of the worksheets are set up
the same--have the same layout.
The text headings are in A1, B1, C1, D1. A1 is OBJECT CLASS. B1 is
FY 2007, C1 is FY 2008, D1 is FY
2009. In column A I have have text labels that happen to be numbers.
The labels which are in cells A2
thru A11 a 2511, 2521, 2522, 2523, 2530, 2531, 2561, 2571, 2572,
2573. In cell A14 I have the label
TOTAL. Cell B14 is the sum of the numbers in cell B2 thru B11. Cell
C14 is the sum of the numbers in
cells C2 thru C11. Cell D14 is the sum of the numbers in cells D2
thru D11. The text column names (A1
thru D1) and row names A2 thru A11) are the same in each spreadsheet.
I want to summarize the data of
the 6 worksheets into a seventh worksheet that is identical in layout
to the 6 worksheets. Let's say the
6 worksheets are named: PIA, Support Services, Region 1, Region 2,
Region 3, and DMC. The 7th worksheet is named SUMMARY.

What formulas do I place in worksheet SUMMARY into cells (B2 thru B11
and B14) and cells (C2 thru C11 and C14) and cells (D2 thru D11 and
D14)?

Thank you in advance for any help you might provide.

Steve G