Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Absolute value with a quick formula / shortcut?

As you enter, select cell address with mouse in formula bar and hit F4 key to
toggle through the options.

i.e. =a2 select the a2 and F4 then * a3 select the a3 and F4 then ENTER

will give you =$A$2*$A$3 or whatever you chose by cycling through the options.

Or do the F4 on the entire formula after Entering it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:40:01 -0700, Derek
wrote:

Is there a way to have the absolute value be in your excel formula besides
going back into the formula and putting in the $ signs?

I am looking for a way when I type = then click on a cell - say A1 to have
the formula be =$A$1 rather than=A1 and having to edit the formula

Any suggestions - is there a shortcut key for this maybe?