Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Absolute value with a quick formula / shortcut?

Not sure it's much of a shortcut....

In the formula bar you can highlight the cell/range references and then hit
function key F4 and the references will toggle from absolute to mixed to
relative.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Derek" wrote in message
Is there a way to have the absolute value be in your excel formula besides
going back into the formula and putting in the $ signs?

I am looking for a way when I type = then click on a cell - say A1 to
have
the formula be =$A$1 rather than=A1 and having to edit the formula

Any suggestions - is there a shortcut key for this maybe?