Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
UKMAN UKMAN is offline

Default select data from a table

i have a table with about 200 rows and need to match a single keyword
question to a field in a row then copy that rows data to another summary
table.

e.g.
Question: Dept = Admin

Table: (The data is in an array name of "budlevel")
Dept, Team, Name, Course, Cost, Status
Admin A1 Sid x 1 Booked
IT IT1 Bill y 1 Res
Catering C1 Mike x 1 Booked
Admin IT2 Colin x 1 Booked
Admin IT1 Jane x 1 Res

A1 Sid x 1 Booked
IT2 Colin x 1 Booked
IT1 Jane x 1 Res

I am using the following formula =VLOOKUP(Question,Bud_level,2,0) which will
give me the name in one line but I cannot figure out how to make it search
all the rows and bring back the example summary

I have had help that says use advanced filter but I need to keep changeing
the "question" field and then print out which this doesn't allow me to do.

Cheers
In advance for any and all advice.