Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
[email protected] bridgetv@gmail.com is offline

Default Rounding to thousands in excel

Thanks! I am trying to round up. In the first example I gave I should
have wrote 49,700. Sorry fo r the confusion. I am going to ry your
suggestions.

Thanks again to all fo the help.

On Sep 27, 11:07 am, JE McGimpsey wrote:
Hmm...

(1) What rounding rules are you proposing? Your first example rounds
DOWN, your third example rounds UP.

(2) With that, your example rounds to hundred thousands, not thousands -
there's no way to do that just with formatting. You can round to the
closest 100,000 with:

=ROUND(A1,-5)

To round just the display to *thousands*:

Format/Cells/Number/Custom #,##0,

In article . com,

wrote:
Does anyone know of a way to round to thousands in excel with a custom
format. I am trying to round as follows:

If the number is 49,677,298.86 I want 49,600 to display
If the number is 3,037,136.67 I want 3,000 to display
If hte number is 2,369,098.33 I want 2,400 to display

Thanks for your help.- Hide quoted text -