Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gaffnr Gaffnr is offline

Default If statement help

Hi All,
I need to write an if statement that says in non formula terms,

if CELL A1 = 123, do vlookup etc
or if CELL A1 = 456 do vlookup
or of CELL A1 = 789 do vlookup

I know I can do a repeated nested if, but when the list of what cell A1
could be is very long, my nested IF statement will become unmanageable.

What i want to do is a vlookup based upon the value in cell A1.
So, instead of nesting it, is there a way to say look at the value of cell
A1 and =if it is in a seperate list, do the vlookup, if not do something else.

So, if cell A1 (is in a list of ABC,DEF,GHI, JKL and so on) do the vlookup,
if not do something else. Its gettign the IF to look to see if cell A1 is in
a list that I cant do.

I hope ive managed to explain myself.
Thanks
Rob