Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default automatically inserting text

Have a table with two columns on another sheet.

One column with 123abc, 456def etc. and the other with bill, john etc.

Use a VLOOKUP formula in Sheet1 Column B to pull from column A

Assume list columns are on Sheet2 in Columns A and B

In Sheet1 B1 enter =VLOOKUP(A1,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$20,2,FALSE)

Copy/drag down column B to B20

Start entering names in A1 and down.

Or use Autocorrect and enter the names in column B without any formula.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 17:12:00 -0700, KeK23
wrote:

Sorry evryone the top row of my example should read

A1=abc123 then B1 will=bill

"KeK23" wrote:

I want to insert text into a cell and reference it to text in another cell.

eg A1=123abc then A2 will= bill
A2=456def Then B2 will=john
I have about 20 of the same sets of varying data can anyone suggest any ideas?