Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
SteveDB1 SteveDB1 is offline

Default vlookup question

Hi all.
I'm not entirely familiar with vlookup so please bear with me.
I'm interested in searching approximately 35 worksheets in a workbook for a
specific string. Once I find the right string, I want to search that page for
2 or 3 specific elements. Once I find all of those elements I want to compare
the source number (which will be on the base worksheet) with the destination
number (which will be one of the 35 worksheets I'm searching).
I used "multi worksheet search" as my search criteria on the worksheet
functions newsgroup and came up with a discussion from back in mid-August,
the 16th through the 17th. It was a UDF for vlookup, or mvlookup. Harlan's
was a volatile function.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/newsgroups...xp=&sloc=en-us

Harlan, and Toppers both responded to a person named Chris147's questions
about how to something similar-- but of course, mine is just different enough.
While I'm game to use a volatile function, I'd like to avoid it, as I've
read from the msdn library that it will not automatically update as the
destination sheets change.

How can I perform the above described task set?
Thank you for your time, and responses.
Best.