Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Auto fill Adjacent cells

VLOOKUP formulas will pull the data to appropriate cells.

See Debra Dalgleish's site for more on VLOOKUP and Data
Validation lists for entering the choices.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

Note the section on using DV lists from another worksheet by naming the list.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 26 Sep 2007 12:55:04 -0700, Simon Blackburn
wrote:

I'm trying to create an an invoice/receipt worksheet, so that when I input a
number in a cell, the adjacent cells automatically fill using predefined
information.
For example:

If i input 1234(item no) into cell A1, I want a description to appear in
cell B1 and a Price in C1.

If anyone knows how to do this, please could you explain in Laymens terms as
Im new to all this.

Many thanks and any help is appreciated.