Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Susy Susy is offline

Default Lock cell as reference not value

hi thnx for the post but I figure out my problem with MAX post.

Would you know maybe how to make a formula in which I can include new rows
automatically into a "formula".
example: sum=(A12:A16) I include 3 more rows and automatically it become
sum=(A12:A19)

Susy

"Pete_UK" wrote:

I can't see the other replies on this thread, but I think you want:

=$A$1/1.82

This will always refer to cell A1, even if you copy it elsewhere.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 21, 4:18 pm, susy wrote:
Let me see if I understood,

my Formula is for example C1=A1/1.82 if I write =("A1")/1.82 it will always
refer to cell A1?

Because If it is like that I've already try it and is not working. it saidf
#VALUE!

help pls

susy

"Max" wrote:
please tell me how do I keep the link to the cell A1 if I copy or move
values from A1 to B1? Without getting #REF!,....

In say, C2: =INDIRECT("A1")
instead of: =A1
will always point to cell A1
--
Max
Singapore
"susy" wrote:
Hi my name susy,

I'm working on a finacial structure("balance") which I will have to lock for
otheruser. but my formulas keep changing if a move, copy or paste a value in
the worksheet.

please tell me how do I keep the link to the cell A1 if I copy or move
values from A1 to B1? Without getting #REF!,....

because every time I add rows or move some data I have to fix most of my
formulas.- Hide quoted text -