Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Ranking Formula Question

But did you try modifying your formula with ROUND, and did this have
any effect on the rankings?

Pete

On Sep 26, 4:58 pm, 57Caddy wrote:
Actually Pete, I had thought of that as well and took it out to 20 decimal
places and they still matched up.

"Pete_UK" wrote:
If you expand the number of decimal places further you may find that
four employees have a value of 3.0000004 and the other employee has
3.0000001 - you can overcome this discrepancy by putting ROUND( ... ,
2) around your formulae in column R (indicated by ... ).

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Sep 26, 12:22 am, 57Caddy
wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to rank our employees but for some reason when a bunch of people
are tied, it tends to through the rank off. For example, we have four people
with a score of 3.00000 ranked at 5th place. However, we have another person
with a 3.00000 that is ranked 9th. I've included my formula below. I
doublechecked the range, and it is correct. All the cells are formatted as
numbers as well. Any ideas what may be causing this?

Thanks

=RANK(R6,$R$6:$R$23)- Hide quoted text -